PIQE (Parent Institute for Quality Education) is an institution devoted to the cause of engaging parents in the education of their children.
Fairfax HS and PIQE are offering classes to parents to help them understand the journey through high school and on to post-secondary education. Classes are held for parents on Tuesdays in the mornings and the afternoons until March 1, 2015. Another cycle of classes will be held April 7 through May 26. Contact the Parent Center for more information.
"PIQE creates partnerships between parents, students and educators to further students’ academic success. As a result of our work in parent engagement, more than 1.5 million under-served student's educations have been enhanced since our inception in 1987. Public schools value us, parents need us, and students use us as a springboard to their own personal and career success."
• PIQE has enhanced the education of more than 1.5 million students since its inception.
• More than 475,000 parents have graduated from PIQE’s programs.
• PIQE has assisted families from over 2,600 schools in 334 districts throughout California.
• Unlike the average high school graduation rate of Latinos (50%), more than 90% of the children of PIQE-educated parents, graduate high school. More than half of them continue their education at a post-secondary institution.
• The Parent Engagement Education Program is taught in 16 languages
For more information please visit the official website at: